Power Steering Shield™ is the ultimate protection for the moving metal parts in power steering systems. Utilizing the most Advanced Boundary Film (ABF) Technology, it protects moving metal parts from heat, friction and wear in power steering pumps and rack and pinion systems. Due to boundary conditions of frictional abrasion in steering systems, Power Steering Shield helps with whining and groaning noises while turning, steering wheel stiffness and steering wheel lag. Improved steering performance and greatly reduced noises are the results. These performance improvements are achieved through ABF Technology by lowering the friction while helping to restore pump pressure.
Directions of Usage
Smooth out your Power Steering System in these easy steps:
1) Take plastic syringe from product package, straighten out flexible clear tubing.
2) Locate power steering reservoir and remove cap. Insert tube in reservoir and slowly draw out some of the fluid by pulling up on the syringe plunger cap.
3) When the plunger is mostly withdrawn-you will have removed 4 fluid ounces. Dispose of the fluid properly.
4) Open the 4 ounce bottle of Power Steering Shield™ provided and add to the steering reservoir. Replace cap.
5) Make sure you are in an open area or parking lot for the following procedure.
6) Start car and with transmission in “PARK” work the steering wheel from left to right (lock to lock), making sure to keep your foot on the brake to minimize distance of movement.
7) Continue to turn steering wheel in this manner, back and forth, for 5 minutes or until smooth operation returns. Check fluid level to make sure reservoir is full.